"But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" - Philippians 4:19FOOD PANTRY
Every Tuesday, 12:30-2pm and by appointment (call for more details 770-489-8410)
- Picture ID is required due to USDA and ACFB guidelines
- Serving residents of Douglas County
We are currently NOT accepting clothing donations or household items.
THE GRACEFUL LIVING CENTER of Missions
Disciples caring for the needs of people toward a more abundant life in Christ
- Well check calls/sick visits (by appointment)
- Hospital Visits
- MD Appointment Assistance
- Answer calls and inquiries from the Community and Church Administrator
- Collaborate with other community resource agencies for assistance to those who are destitute of means for their household (an application process is required with most agencies)
- Nursing Home visits
- Bereavement visits
- Congregational Respite Care (with permission letter)
- Accompaniment to various agencies to establish IDs for various civic necessities such as DHS (DFACS) or Social Security Applications.
- Other missionary activities according to need.
- Assignments as requested by our Pastor, Rev. A. R. Litman; our Board of Deacons and as led by the Holy Spirit
- Advocacy referrals to Social Services Agencies such as:
- United Way 211
- The Good Samaritan Center
- Loving Hands Ministry
- The Salvation Army
- Tallatoona Community Action Program
- Faith in Action
- The DC Emergency Food Providers Association of the ACFB
- Grady Hospital
- Sweetwater C.A.M.P.
- The Community Health Center
- The CARE PLACE
- DHS (DFACS) for Food Stamps, GNAP and Medicaid Applications
- SHARE HOUSE
- The GA Extension Service
- The Men's Assessment Center
- The Douglas County Senior Services for transportation to MD (etc.) in Douglas County for Seniors
We look up to Jesus in prayer and then look outward in love to BLESS others.